You are what you eat is a phrase that holds true in weight loss. What you put in your body is ultimately what will influence your state of health and the shape of your body. You have to keep your diet in check to keep fit. Doing this is not difficult at all. While some programs require you to take our your pen, paper, and calculator to crunch your body stats, all those figures will not matter much to you if you do not do your share in feeding your body the right foods and the proper way.
The reason why a lot of diet plans fail is that they are not sustainable. Many people do not really achieve the kind of results they want through these dietary programs. Those who do manage to lose the excess poundage pack them back in when they get off the program. What you need to learn in order to lose weight and maintain your ideal body size and shape is to develop sensible eating habits. You can follow these top 5 eating rules in order to achieve sustainable weight loss:
1. Do not skip meals. Never skip meals if you want to keep fit. It is always advisable to eat several small meals than have one big meal. If you are too hungry by the time your meal time comes, you are more likely to go on a binge and throw all your eating sensibilities out the window. Work around the clock on your meal times and snack times, making a point of having something healthy to nibble on when the clock strikes.
2. Break the fast. Do not leave the house without eating breakfast. Although you were asleep for several hours, it does not mean that you do not have to replenish your body’s energy stores. Break the fast and start off your day on a full stomach with a healthy breakfast of grains, proteins, and carbohydrates.
3. Eat in portions. Portioning on a diet is a “trick” that is taught by nutrition experts. When you eat in portions, you give the body the amount of nutrients it needs without going overboard. Balancing all these nutrients and making sure that the foods are metabolized is the goal of portioning. Read up on how much or how little of the different food types you are to eat in every meal.
4. Picky healthy food. You are less likely to gain more weight when you eat the right foods. Junk foods and sugary treats do nothing for your body but fill it with empty calories. What you want to do to keep fit is to load up on are foods that are rich in the nutrients your body needs in order to spur bodily functions. Get a good dose of fibrous food to sweep the toxins from your digestive system.
5. Chew your food. No matter how delicious the food on your plate looks, you have to restrain yourself from wolfing every morsel down one big mouthful at a time. Pace yourself and give your body a chance to tell your brain that it is already full. Put your serving size on your plate and work through it one small bite at a time, savoring the flavors before swallowing. Making this your personal eating style can bring you to your weight loss goals in no time.