If you are in the design phase of a new industrial project which includes pipe installation, you would want to make a decision on what kind of material should be used for laying down the pipes, elbows, flanges etc. In this context it would be useful to keep in mind a few of the following pointers:
• Evaluate the magnitude of the project
• Understand the scale of the implementation
• Enumerate the liquids or gases the pipes are going to carry
• The desired age or longevity of the structure
These pointers help decide which metal to choose to lay down the pipes. Usually, steel is a popular choice, considering its characteristics. Additionally, in order to enhance the characteristics of steel, carbon or chrome too is used along with it. Thus, the carbon steel fittings become the perfect choice for industrial projects. The major benefits of using these carbon steel pipe fittings are:
1. Strength: Addition of carbon to steel in order to make carbon steel pipes lends more robustness to the product. More the carbon, more the durability. The carbon steel pipes when heated help improve the strength without losing the shape.
2. Adjusting Power: As you would know, the durability and strength of these pipes can be adjusted based on the amount of heat and carbon that is being used. This helps to achieve a perfect match for the required specifications. Hence, based on what the project is, the proportion of carbon to steel can be morphed.
3. Durability: These pipes which are carbon steel, survive environmental changes. They have a peculiarity of being rust resistant which in turn increases their longevity.
Keeping in mind these factors, whether these pipes are the stainless steel welded pipes or the carbon steel seamless pipes; no project is complete without them. In addition to these pipes,an important role is also played by the flanges.
There is a wide variety of flanges available in the market today. However, making the right choice of flange to the right project becomes critical. Understanding the project requirements, makes this choice simple. If the project demands high temperatures or sub zero temperatures or high pressure of gas or fluids, then the weld neck flanges are good choices. This flange with its tapered hub provides extra reinforcement, required in several applications. The flange fits perfectly into the internal diameter of the pipe and this helps to avoid all hitches in the flow of desired substances through the pipes. Erosion as well as any kind of turbulence at the joints is reduced.
Thus, having a good knowledge of both the kinds of pipes as well as flanges that suit the requirements of a particular project, help the person in charge to make a good choice. This choice is critical not just for the perfect implementation of the project but also for the durability, effectiveness and longevity of the implementation.
Additionally, using the right kind of pipes and flanges during project implementation helps the project to pass the quality, efficiency as well as safety parameters.